Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] snewman24@cox.net is offline

Default Air Conditioner Fuse Question

On May 17, 4:44*pm, SMcK wrote:
On May 17, 5:30*pm, TimR wrote:

On May 17, 5:10*pm, SMcK wrote:

On May 17, 4:55*pm, SMcK wrote:

When the AC stopped working I pulled the fuses and detemined that one
was bad.

The fuses in there were FLN R 20s: time delay, dual element, 20 amp,
up to 250 volts.

The closest I could find at the store are FRN R 20: time delay, dual
element, 20 amp, 250 volt, heavy duty.

Can I use the FRN in place of the FLN?

-Scott

FYI - the original FLRN was Littlefuse. *The FRNR is Bussman. *I found
specs on line that say the FLNR is 125/250 volts and the FRNR is
250volts.

-Scott

Make sure you buy two.

When you put the first one in, good chance it will blow right away, if
the fault that caused the original one still exists. *Which it
probably does.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, I should have said - there were two in there before, only
one of which blew. *The replacements came two-to-a-pack, so I do have
two replacements. *I still don't know, however, whether it's OK to use
the FRNR as a replacement for the FLNR. *Anyone?

-Scott

Yes, they cross-reference to each other
http://fuseone.com/reference.asp?page=3
See page 3: http://www.airdistributors.com/rapid/571104.pdf