Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Latex Handle Liquid?

On May 17, 5:47*pm, Larry The Snake Guy wrote:
On May 17, 1:58 pm, Justin wrote:

Cliff Hartle wrote:
Its not actually for a grip, I'm making a camera mount for a car, and I
have two U-bolts that will wrap around the posts on the head rest. *I
need something to prevent the U-bolts from scratching the chrome on the
posts. *It should also help with vibration.

I would be surprised if Plati-dip is durable enough for this. I would
consider going to the auto store and buying some appropriately sized
fuel line or vacuum line to slip over the u-bolts. You might need
slightly wider u-bolts to account for the thickness of the tubing. Or
you could try thinner plastic tubing from the plumbing section at HD...

Or wrap the headrest posts in tape. Plasti-Dip would work if you put
on enough layers. It's not worth the effort. The tubing idea is far
superior.