Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default OT - TV digital converter box coupons

Jim Yanik wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

wrote in message

And then there are people like myself who will not buy a new tv under
any circumstance, because the new ones are all have the crappy LCD
screens. Give me a real picture tube, or I wont watch tv.

A few years ago I bought the largest 16:9 CRT available for the same
reason. Today, I'd not hesitate to get the LCD screen. They've
improved considerably and most action is fast and not choppy as in the
past too.

an LCD screen will not last as long as a CRT screen.
the LCD backlighting is a common failure.
also,there's always a few dead pixels,sometimes dark,sometimes full
bright. if they're in the main viewing area,it's very annoying.

Then add the initial higher cost of a flat panel TV.

That's why I bought a new Sony Trinatron 36" CRT with a true black screen.
The color is amazing but it weighs a TON!!! Oh and its Digital Ready but
now I have to put an antenna back up in order to get everything available
in my area, right when I got use to CATV.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"