Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default new commode

"trailer" wrote in message
We're thinking about replacing one of our 1970's era commodes in one of
our
bathrooms. We have 3 commodes in the house and will probably replace all
of
them eventually. Each commode is of the older (6 gallon?) flush type.

Years ago I was told to hang on to the older commodes because the newer
ones
didn't flush well and were prone to a lot of noise.

How do the new commodes sold today work? We are looking to save water,
even
though just two adults live in the house.

Also, are the newer commodes quite? I don't think I would accept a
commode
that made a lot of flush noise.

Some of the old ones were terrible. The new ones, however, work well and
flush fairly quietly. American Standard has a Cadet line with 4" trap that
is supposed to be very good (I've seen demos on TV) and Kohler makes a
couple of good ones. We have Kohler at work and no problems in over two
years now.