Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default new commode

trailer wrote:
We're thinking about replacing one of our 1970's era commodes in one of our
bathrooms. We have 3 commodes in the house and will probably replace all of
them eventually. Each commode is of the older (6 gallon?) flush type.

Years ago I was told to hang on to the older commodes because the newer ones
didn't flush well and were prone to a lot of noise.

How do the new commodes sold today work? We are looking to save water, even
though just two adults live in the house.

Also, are the newer commodes quite? I don't think I would accept a commode
that made a lot of flush noise.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

I've had 3 of mine replaced. All three were an improvement and are not
noisier. I suspect the bad reputation of the low water consumption
toilets was probably due to the first ones that came out many years ago.