Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default new commode

On May 17, 12:05*pm, "trailer" wrote:
We're thinking about replacing one of our 1970's era commodes in one of our
bathrooms. *We have 3 commodes in the house and will probably replace all of
them eventually. *Each commode is of the older (6 gallon?) flush type.

Years ago I was told to hang on to the older commodes because the newer ones
didn't flush well and were prone to a lot of noise.

How do the new commodes sold today work? *We are looking to save water, even
though just two adults live in the house.

Also, are the newer commodes quite? *I don't think I would accept a commode
that made a lot of flush noise.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Consumer reports tested most of them, subscribe I guess or maybe the
review can be googled. Get a glazed large trap. They now work well,
even HDs 59.95 glacier bay unit, I had a apt converted to them in 07
and had had no complaints and they are quiet, I put in 12 of them. Im
sure many new ones dont flush well, the pressurized tanks are real
noisy, like a jet taking off, but there should be alot out there that
have the bugs worked out that save water. The reason to read a review
like CR is money spent doesnt determine what is good.