Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Fixing Countersunk Siding Nails

On Sat, 16 May 2009 20:46:56 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

I've never tried it but...

...a short bit back there was a guy painting inside a house being redone.
Door frames had new casing and he was covering the nail heads. Out of
curiosity I asked him what he was using for putty. Said he was using
glazing compound. Said for him it worked well because of it's long
workability and it didn't shrink like so many other things.

Plan to give it a try at some point.

I've used this product many times. It works great.

DAP® Painter's Putty '53' ®

Smooth, easy-working putty designed for the special needs of
professional painters. Ideal for filling nail holes, dents, and cracks
in wood surfaces. May also be used to glaze wood sashes. Resists oil
bleeding. Paintable. Interior/exterior use.

http://www.dap.com/product_details.a...52&SubcatID=24