Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default splice underground romex

On Sun, 17 May 2009 10:13:04 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

That's it. Now I just need to find a vendor that ships. I wish it had been
Mcmaster, they get it here pronto.

McMaster p/n 7924K11

A good hardware store will have similar kits for splicing submersible
well pump leads, but they aren't as sturdy as the 3m kits.

The sealant in the heat shrink seems similar to flexible hot melt
adhesive. In a pinch I've injected a dollop of hot melt into heavy
heat shrink over butt splices. There are several splices I made like
this in the lift pump cistern in our septic system that have survived
several years now.

--
Ned Simmons