Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default removing stuck car wheels.

On Sun, 17 May 2009 16:29:41 UTC, Jules
wrote:

On Sun, 17 May 2009 09:51:43 +0100, Alan wrote:
Surprisingly, I have no inner tubes

When did car tyres last have inner tubes?

I had two fitted* to a car about ten years ago which had 1970's alloys on
it - internal corrosion / pitting meant that a tyre just wouldn't seal
properly any more. I probably did about 40k of fast-road driving on
them after and never had any problems.

* I really don't recall who now, but it was one of the national UK chains
rather than some backwater garage.

I had a mid-90s Astra that had that problem, although it was partly the
varnish or something on the alloys that was flaking and causing the seal
failure. I had the wheels skimmed and made 'as new' for about 35 quid
each. Brilliant jobs and I never had any more trouble. Problem was they
needed each wheel for about 3 days, so I ended up making several
trips...

http://www.diybanter.com