Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Seal gutter seams?

On May 15, 9:49*pm, Peetie Wheatstraw
wrote:
They make caulk specifically for gutters. It is a bear to work with,
because it is ultra sticky and doesn't have much body. Any hardware
store will have it. But, in the end, I like silicone for versatility.

JK

Seamless alum. gutters were installed maybe 17 years ago on my little
brick bungalow in midwest US.

"Seamless" on *the straight lengths. The corner pieces were sealed
with something that looks like caulk inside the gutter.

I noticed one corner leaking the other day. Exactly where it does
the 90 degree turn.

What should I use to re-seal inside the corners? 100% silicone caulk?
Maybe DAP (I won't touch GE)??

* Thanks,
* Peetie