Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Fence over underground wiring

On May 16, 7:43*pm, wrote:
* * * * I would like to put a fence up at the back of my yard, but it
would need to go in over existing underground high voltage wires. *Not
the usual 220V but the main underground lines to the local
transformers. *

* * * * I have had the crew out to mark the line locations, but they
are unable to tell me how deep they are. *I would guess they know
where they should be, but because of various problems, they may not be
as deep as the should.

* * * * Any suggestions?

* * * * *I am thinking of several possible fence types, generally
decorative but also I am interested in keeping the neighborhood kids
out of my yard and since I am on the local foot path, eliminate the
foot traffic of kids taking a short cut.

If you put up a wood fence, build a 8' section on the ground, then
fasten it to the posts with screws. That way anyone needing access to
the other side of the fence can just remove the screws, do their
thing, and refasten the section without tearing the fence up.

Red