Posted to uk.d-i-y
JohnW JohnW is offline

Default Curtain rail sticking

On 17 May, 12:30, Mark wrote:
Hi,
I've just fitted a new curtain rail and the damn things sticks. *i.e.
I can't pull the curtains across since it jams.

It a plastic cordless monorail system for lightweight curtains (the
gliders hook over the top and bottom of the rail). *What seems to be
happening is that the gliders are twisting instead of gliding which
causes the jam.

The rail is straight and horizontal. *It's strange since I haven't had
trouble with these before.

Apart from replacing the whole rail is there a simple/easy solution to
this?

Try using some silicone polish on it. A rail I bought came with a
little sachet of it, and before application the curtains wouldn't
close, rather like yours, and after - no problems.

JohnW