Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default removing stuck car wheels.

In message , geoff
wrote
In message , Dave
writes

The goo works by entering the puncture from inside the tyre and
setting when it comes into contact with the air outside.

However, granddad, if you google "ultraseal" you will find that it is
claimed to be more than a temporary fix

Which reminds me, having just paid £250 for a pair tyres maybe I should
chuck some in.

Surely having a liquid sloshing around in a 'new' tyre would cause
horrendous out of balance problems at certain road speeds?

If it works by coming into contact with air then at sometime it is going
to set when it comes into with the air inside of the tyre. Lets just
hope it is not at the low point when the car is sat in a driveway for a
week or two.

I have a punctured tyre approximately once every 10 years - with a spare
tyre available in the boot if required. Is inserting a goo into the
tyre from new a worthwhile insurance policy?

Surprisingly, I have no inner tubes

When did car tyres last have inner tubes?

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com