Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Should T&E cable ends be twisted at socket terminals?

In article ,
Dave Osborne writes:
Mike wrote:
On 15 May 2009 05:56:18 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
"ARWadsworth" writes:

Earth sleeving is cheap enough to cover both CPCs with seperate sleeving.

That means cutting the CPC, which I try to avoid.

Eh?

Some people try to install ring final circuits without breaking the
conductors (i.e. cutting the cable) in the belief that this gives them a
fundamentally more reliable and higher-integrity result than if they
didn't bother. It takes a great deal of planning, lots of mucking about
pulling the one-piece ring cable and ages to strip cables without
cutting the conductors.

The OP may be doing this or a subset thereof.

I do try to avoid breaking the conductors at every connection and
socket outlet. I have managed to install a few complete rings with
no breaks in the conductors at all. It makes for an interesting
challenge, but not something to get too anal about. If you can do
it, each socket is only one connection from the fusebox, otherwise
some may be accumulating 20 or more connections along the away.

--
Andrew Gabriel