Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Homeowners insurance accuracy of initial application?

"gilb" wrote in message
The back end of our house burned about 10 years ago and we had documents
and pictures of household items in a fireproof box (see below). The fire
burned through a bedroom floor and the box ended up in the basement but
all pictures and documents survived. The box is a bit malformed and
blackened but works and we still use it today.

http://tinyurl.com/7t36fk

I noticed this in the ad. Not sure if it means what I think, but you may
need it replaced.

"Lifetime after-fire replacement guarantee."

The fire profing may depend on the moistur in the insulating material
between the walls of the safe. Once boiled out, it is not very efffective
any more.