Posted to alt.home.repair
Mort Adella Mort Adella is offline

Default Homeowners insurance accuracy of initial application?

"scorpster" wrote in message
When I received the binder in the mail from our broker, I had to correct
some details that he wrote down incorrectly. For example that the pool is
in-ground (like I told him) and not above-ground (as in the app) etc. I
told him that we have two dogs (both gentle breeds) but he just noted one
of the dogs on the binder application. I haven't corrected the dog part
yet and I'm not sure if I should bother to do so.

My question is, to what extent should I nit-pick about this form to have
all the details 100% correct?

Doubt they would not pay for a fire because you have an extra dog, but they
may not pay for a pool injury if you have the wrong type listed. Maybe your
agent is trying to slip in a low ball price? If the application looks like
fraud, claims may be in jeopardy.