Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default OT- but wood related - Odd Things To Do For Your Birthday

Well done Charlie. Always good to think out of the box.

My last serious thoughts of a tattoo was about 33 years ago when
sitting on the streets of Nuevo Laredo with a bottle of tequila in my
hand. Those were strange days, and no telling what I would have
received as a tatoo, but more importantly what I would have received
WITH the tattoo.

I really wanted the screaming eagle with the lightening bolts in his
talons. Thank Gawd I didn't get it... every member of the 101st would
have wanted to kick my ass!

I got a chuckle too, out of the fact you looked up your characters
before starting. I have seen some really neat skin art, but I always
figured someone would tattoo something like "moron" on me and I would
never know.

Living in a community that is 68% Latino, I saw a tee shirt at a
tourist shop that said "Soy un pendejo".

Underneath it it said "I am your friend".

Not so. I have a great picture of some unsuspecting nitwit walking
around with that shirt on, the laughing stock of every place he
went.

"Soy un pendejo" means " I am a real idiot". (I know, I know, your
local translation may vary - but it's close enough in any variant)

Funny since you can take the shirt off. Not so much so if it is
emblazoned on your skin!

Robert