Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cash Cash is offline

Default removing stuck car wheels.

Steven Campbell wrote:
I've got a flat tyre on one of my rear wheels, thought it would be a
case of jacking it up removing the nuts and giving the tyre/wheel a
good kicking and it would fall off but its stuck solid.
I've been kicking / hitting / prying the wheel from behind while on
axle stands but its still not budging.

An idiotic question, but have all the wheel nuts/studs been removed?
Generally if they have, and you have a 'stuck' wheel, then giving a 'good
rocking' by pulling backwards and forwards on the top of the tyre usually
resolves this - unless it is an exotic car with a taper on the centre of
wheel and held on by a single 'big nut'.

The tyre won't hold air for any longer than a couple of minutes so I
can't even drive to the local tyre place to let them deal with it.

If you really cannot get the wheel off, then buy a can of tyre repair 'goo'
and put this in the tyre to seal the hole - and drive carefully to the tyre
fitters.

Cash