Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default VIOP

wrote:
On Sat, 16 May 2009 09:44:24 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

It may be small, but covers four different residences. Either I'm
colossally unlucky, or Verizon doesn't give a **** about its customers.

That may be the case. A lot of the older "plants" are showing their
age. We had everything upgraded here when Sprint bought out the mom
and pop telco we had before then and my POTS is rock solid. It is all
underground fiber backbone with new underground copper to the houses
in the late 90s. I do understand some old Ma Bell installations may
still be running on WWII vintage "pulp" cables hanging on rickety
poles. When the nitrogen bottles run out of gas and it rains you might
lose your line until it dries out.

that actually sounds a lot like what was happening at my last place...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel