Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Ironwood

On Fri, 15 May 2009 20:32:45 -0400, "Kevin Cleary" wrote:

Mac,
I asked my friends about bowl size pieces but they were told that if the
pieces were big enough they would be used for table tops.I bet they look
amazing.
What do make with ironwood besides pens?
Kevin

Are you sure that was Ironwood?
I've seen several mesquite tables, but not ironwood...
Mostly because in the Sonora desert, it's illegal to cut a tree down, AFAIK, so
most pieces of ironwood have lots of holes and cracks. That makes it really hard
to build furniture out of it..

I do mostly "wood art".... vases, bowl-like thingies, free forms, etc..
a few examples are on my main page:
http://www.bajawoodcraft.com/

Someday, I'll get the gallery up.. sigh

mac