Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Fields Stuart Fields is offline

Default Shop lights (fluorescent)

"Mark F" wrote in message
I bought a number of dual-tube round fixtures, all of which failed at
about the same time. Brainless at the time, spent 100 bucks on new
tubes, still in darkness. Pulled one apart, electronic ballast,
all the semis were blown, diodes included.
Finally found an inductive one for about 3 bucks a copy, from maybe
even sunpark, they work great and will tolerate what was probably a
voltage spike from teh power grid. I can dig out the box if anyone
wants the info...
/mark

For an extension to our building, I bought 17 Shop Light brand model 1233
fixtures from Home Depot. Some of these fixtures failed shortly after
moving the ladder. These units kept failing so I contacted the mfr. and lo
and behold they sent me free 17 complete new units. Guess what? Yep they
failed almost faster than I could put them up. I informed the mfr. and told
them please don't send me any more of those units even if they attached a
$20 bill on each one. Since I had made my installation around the size of
these units, I have been buying a better ballast and replacing the failed
ballasts. I offered all the failed ballasts to Home Depot as I didn't want
them; they didn't want them either. Along side of these failing units were
some that are now 36 years old and require rare bulb changes only.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4080 (20090515) __________

http://www.eset.com