Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default Decent 4.5" angle grinder

"Wes" wrote in message
My utility trailer's powder coat is flaking off and I was thinking of
repainting it. An
angle grinder with a wire brush seemed like the plan for preparing the
surfaces.

I don't do a lot of welding at home, my Miller 35S has been borrowed out
for 3 years and
any small welding I can do at work. Someday that may change.

So what I'm looking for is an angle grinder that would be decent if
welding at home comes
back on my agenda. If I just wanted to strip the frame, the Home Depot
Ryobi at 40 bucks
would get the vote.

Some have side switches, other lever deadman types. 5/8" arbors seems to
be the common
denominator.

We have a few Dewalt angle grinders that have lived on with the lever type
switch, seem a
bit noisy but work.

So, what models that I can find at home depot, menards, or amazon would
you recommend? 90
bucks top price. I'm part Dutch. (cheap)

Wes

Dewalt has worked well for me. Mine came with a case that is actually big
enough to be useful and hold some different wheels, which is a plus.