Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Funny feeling in hands after "odorless mineral spirits"

Ignoramus26671 wrote:
I thought that woodworkers would have more experience with this sort
of thing.

I had to wash some parts in odorless mineral spirits (which is not
really odorless). I mostly used my right hand to grap parts from the
tank. Now I have a "funny feeling" whenever I would fold my hand to
make a fist, as if the hairs on the back of the palm rise.

It cannot possibly be good? Any comments? Gloves seem to be a must?

Probably just sensitization.

More exposure will desensitize your skin. Rinse your hands daily in the
stuff, and soon you'll not feel a thing.