Posted to sci.electronics.repair
What_Me? What_Me? is offline

Default 5 Blinks on Sony KV-32fs120 - "KV32FS120.pdf" (0/1) 6.9 MBytes yEnc

Hello members,

I am trying to troubleshoot a big 32 inch set by sony, model
KV-32FS120, BA6 chassis.

When I turn it on, the timer led blinks 5 times repeatedly (on
occasion it blinks 5 then 3times).

I have the board out of the set.

I read somewhere to check D611 a bridge rectifier. I get 1.558v on the
DC output that drops rapidly to 0v. On the input (AC) I read 6.4V
dropping quickly to 0.

I checked T604 (PIT) and get 6.34V dropping to 0 after a few seconds
(pins 16,18).

On D615, on the DC, when plugging in the mains, I geta gradual climb
to 1.88V

When I press the power button, the relay clicks and I get a max of
10.58V with a slow drop to 0.

Checked T605, and read 123V.

Checked D600 and read AC 7.6V with just the mains. When turning on the
power it reads 123.5 V with an immediate drop to 0 (.22v)

D600 on the output (DC) I read .004v (disconnected main), plug in main
and got no change. Turn set on, and get max 63v min 0.

I've attached a copy of the service manual.