Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom L Tom L is offline

Default Bradford White water heaters - Any good?

"Ray K" wrote in message
Several of the plumbers I called to replace my 50-gallon, gas heater will
use Bradford White. Any comments about quality, reliability, etc.?

Thanks,

Ray

I just installed _another_ gas one in my home this year. The reason I
bought another one, is so the install would go easier than b/4. I soldered
unions for the in/out on my first install. Everything lined up perfect.

I only got 5 years almost to the date on the one b/4. I bought a 6 year. I
was going to break down and go with the 12 year this time around, but they
didn't have anything except 6 year in stock. The supplier I bought from
said most get 7 to 8 years out of a 6 year. This was something I needed
now, and couldn't wait.

I wanted to get a Proline from American, but that supply house wasn't open
on Saturday. Im surprised no contractor suggested an American product.

The Bradford I just bought in March, was $149 more than it was 5 years ago.
Apparently the EPA made them change how they light. Kind of hard to swallow
almost $400, compared to $249 5 years ago.

I would recommend going with a 12 year, or the very least a 9 year.

My old GE lasted almost 20 years, but times have changed.