Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default VIOP

On May 15, 4:13*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On May 15, 2:09*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

"RicodJour" wrote:
Tony Hwang *wrote:

Can you call out 911 for emergency and the 911 dispatcher will know
where you are calling from like land line?

Yep. *It has to be registered, and if you move and take the line with
you, you have to re-register. *You also need a UPS or other form of
battery backup so you won't lose phone service during a power outage.

I can count on one finger the number of times my land line has been down in
the last 20 years.

I need both hands and both feet to count the number of times my internet
service (Comcast) has been down in the last six years.

The internet is fun and all, but I sure as hell wouldn't trust it when I
need it most.

When have your internet and cell phone both been down at the same
time? *Things have changed since the days of phone-only phone lines.

Around here, which is rural, our phones are seldom down but when cells
and land lines go down, it is for different reasons. Land lines go
down because of storms but cell phones stay up because of generators.
Cells go down more or less randomly when a tower goes down. But
neither goes down for long or very often.