Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Resurfacing pine floors

David Nebenzahl wrote in
.com:

On 5/15/2009 6:50 AM Red Green spake thus:

Prior to putting down the first coat of poly I vacuumed EVERYTHING in
the room - walls, doorframes, tops of molding around windows and
doors and of course the floors - EVERYTHING. Waited some hours for
the dust to settle. Wipe down floor with paint thinner and a rag. Can
of poly recommended that one. Let that dry a bit then a onceover with
a tack cloth. Tack cloth between coats as well. Thinner too I think.
Can't recall.

Good point the in addition to vacuuming up the dust, you need to
let the now-airborne dust settle, then either vacuum again or use a
tack cloth. Otherwise I *guarantee* unwanted stuff embedded in your
nice new coat of varnish.

Hmmm, now where did I see exactly that David? :-)