Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default VIOP

On May 15, 5:02�pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

In ordinary usage, nothing interferes with the VOIP connections. If
the DSL goes down, we simply plug the VOIP input wire into our
cable-connected router and we're back in business.

� You wear both a belt and suspenders. Am I right ? (G)

A belt and a thong.

I have FIOS with verizon.

The internet part has been rock solid.

unfortunately the phone service hasnt, and sadly verizon tech support
sucks.

once with noise on incoming calls, which the first tech documented it
took over 6 weeks and calling EVERY BUSINESS DAY FOR 3 WEEKS, and
esclated to verizon presidents office, to say nothing of their
refusing to put us back on copper, they futher refused to cancel the
phone part which wasnt working because we were under contract.

I finally threated bto ngetn the mnedia involved when I found out the
problem effected every FIOS customer in our central office.

Network techs foundn it was a noisey router but it took WEEKS

After that the battery in the brand new FIOS box failed, they wanted
ME to mpay for it, I refused they finally did but it took 2 weeks, of
the stupid box beeping alarm 24/7 they kept promising a battery in a
few more days, I finally said if the battery isnt dropped at my door
today I am canceling EVERYTHING VERIZON.

battery magically appeared......

then we have a large tree thats on a abandoned right of way left over
when the homes were built in 1950. the tree is being supported by the
main FIOS line./

its against their company policy to trim a tree, they wait till the
line breaks then fix it.

verizon sent fios tv sales reps to my door, after the 3rd visit I
showed him the tree, and meant it when I said the next saleasman is
harrasement, I called the police and reported him, he lacked the
solicitation permit, complained to verizon presidents office, and the
daily phone calls finally stopped.

The mail contnues in bulk so just for the heck of it i am sending
the marketing guy who signed the last flyer i letter about my crappy
experience. i wonder if anyone will answere?

In october my contract is up

My one line will be a identi ring number on my existing copper line.

I will go elswehere for internet, or if I keep just the FIOS internet
part will NEVER be under contract with them EVER!!