Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how to wallpaper on glass ?

In article ,
Theo Markettos wrote:
Oh, dear. Sorry, no Badge, R. I didn't say I haven't already bought
the heavy wallpaper! It's a luxury paper that looks like rough leather
- it won't look like someone has put wallpaper on the doors!

Try gluing the paper to the sticky-backed plastic? So you have a layer
that can be easily peeled off?

The problem is ordinary wallpaper adhesive is designed to work with
porous surfaces - plaster and paper. It needs air to dry. Plastics in
general ain't porous. This is why ordinary wallpaper adhesive doesn't work
for overlaps with vinyl paper - as one surface isn't porous. It seems to
work when you first paste it - but after a few days when things dry out
the overlap will separate.

--
*Ham and Eggs: Just a day's work for a chicken, but a lifetime commitment

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.