Frank Ketchum

Default Plywood at Home Depot question.

"klaatu" wrote in message
Hello all, I saw some 3/4" birch plywood at the borg that has 14 plys.
The veneer has good figure and would be OK for a cabinet carcase.
Problem is that they only have 2'X4' pieces, about $15.00 each.
It doesn't look like Baltic Birch, but I could be wrong on that.
Anybody know what this stuff is? Thanks.

I have purchased birch faced plywood from the borg and used it for some shop
cabinets. I believe it was $40 for a 4x8 sheet. It is not cabinet grade,
meaning there will be some areas with voids. I also used it to build a
couple projects for the house and edged it with cherry. It looks nice with
an oil based polyuerethane finish on it.

I have also seen blondwood faced plywood at the borg but never tried it.

Frank