Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Administration's new tax proposal

On May 15, 10:20*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
So in other words, you think the Indians should have locked
up and/or
killed Joseph Smith Jr and the rest of the Mormons when they
invaded
Indian territory is 1838 because they were over-running the
area and
didn't respect the Indian nation or culture?

CY: I think you're being absurd. And combattive.

I view the world through the eyes of a Catholic. *I assume
you view it
as a Mormon.

CY: Good assumption.

So what does your church teach about acceptance,
charity, loving thy neighbor? *What is more important, God's
Law or
civil law?

CY: Having stated my position, I'm not here to debate.

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's; but there are certain
things that are
NOT Caesar's.

It is an interesting schism that separates Catholics from
Protestants
-- salvation through acts or salvation through grace.

CY: And the Mormon view. Saved by grace, exalted by works.

Saved by grace, exalted by works seems like a rational (as rational as
religion goes) and good set of values and beliefs. So turn the other
cheek, accept the leaper, give alms to the poor immigrants.

Hatred and disdain are bad for your karma.