Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Papering round a corner

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I'm decorating the hall and the external corner at the dog leg consists of
a curve over most of it - but a right angle for the top foot or so, with a
sort of concave filet between the two. Last time I papered this I use a
sort of heavyweight paper with a very random pattern which could be
overlapped without showing - this time it's a plain coloured vinyl but
with a random relief pattern.
What's the best way of approaching this?

My father in law was a professional decorator. On the upper concave part
like yours he used to cut in a separate piece of paper, which he actually
would tear the edges of the paper to match, that drop was also the first in
the hall very carefully positioned to get the pattern in the best place for
matching.

He was amazing to watch not only were the joins completely invisible after
the paper had dried but the speed he worked was like watching someone do
Origami, but with a 10ft length of wet paper.

-