Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Hover Mower Blade Removal

On Fri, 15 May 2009 01:42:45 -0700, Wingedcat wrote:

Logically, the bolt undoes clockwise, due the
direction of rotation of the motor, but I'm not sure if this is
actually the case.

Can't you see any of the threads in order to verify that?

I'm thinking about just hacksawing off the bolt and dealing with the
aftermath later. What do you reckon?

If the plastic bit is just covering a regular nut as someone else said,
ditch the plastic and then try heating the metal nut with a blowtorch;
sometimes doing so one one of two components that are stuck together can
work wonders...

(obviously heating the plastic nut won't get you very far

cheers

Jules