Posted to uk.d-i-y
Eddy[_2_] Eddy[_2_] is offline

Default how to wallpaper on glass ?

Mike wrote:
Many years ago I moved into a house in the depths of winter, stripped
the woodchip in the living room and decorated it with blown vinyl (see
I told you it was many years ago!) One bit was in a recess close to
the door, but had never been previously papered, instead it had a
layer of faded white gloss which I thought was over plywood but never
really checked. It got a quick clean and was covered with the new
wallpaper.

Come spring and I started decorating the outside when I noticed other
houses in the street had a glass panel in this recess where mine was
now papered. Sure enough on checking closely I noticed mine was glass
too.

The paper was still stuck there 10 years later with no special
preparation just ordinary wallpaper paste which was probably much
better quality than you'd get today.

Very helpful, story, Mike.

The paper I have bought is ready-pasted. I've soaked a small bit in
water and applied to the face of one of the mirrors . . . and waited for
it to dry. It dropped off. Leaving a tough thin layer of cellulose on
the glass. So this is why I thought I would enquire here. I sort of
assumed that even the ordinary mix-it-yourself paste wouldn't be much
better. But maybe I am wrong. I'll have a go with ordinary paste today
and see. If that doesn't work, I'll move up to Solvite Wallpaper
Adhesive which is supposed to be stronger than most.

Eddy.