Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Hot & Cold Shower Faucet Stems Different?

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Ron in NY" wrote in message
DerbyDad03 wrote:

By installing it upside down, the
cold valve will be on the left and the hot on the right.

IMHO, installing a shower/bath faucet with the hot and cold reversed
is just plain dangerous - and dumb.

Think babies, the elderly and drunks.

While I have less of a problem with a drunk getting scalded, I really
do care about babies and the elderly.

He didn't say that the cold water will be on the left and the hot water on
the
right, he said that the hot and cold valve stems would be reversed, and
was
wondering if that mattered.

Failed reading comprehension did you? Read the first sentence.

I actually agree with Ron's interpretation of the OP's writing. The
first sentence is decidedly ambiguous, but I've been leaning all along
towards interpreting as Ron did -- that is, the left valve *says* "C"
but it dispenses hot water.