Posted to alt.home.repair
1D10T[_2_] 1D10T[_2_] is offline

Default Earthquakes can be fun

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Interesting: sitting here in front of my computah a little while ago,
felt an earthquake go by. I say "go by" because that's exactly what it
felt like: as if something started out in the west and traveled straight
through the building under me, shaking everything at its crest and
making everything creak and groan.

Yeah. When I was in high school (Sun Valley), I went through the
Sylmar quake. I was in bed, and awakened by the jolt and then the
roll. I jumped out of bed, and remember vivedly feeling the waves in
the floor of our wood-frame house. I swear the amplitude was 6-8
inches.

I was visiting my son in Burbank during the Sylmar quake, and I'll never
forget seeing the water roll out each end of the swimming pool.