Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Toshiba 2877DB - Int. frame collapse

On Thu, 14 May 2009 01:51:10 +0100, M.Joshi
put finger to keyboard and composed:

We own a Toshiba 2877DB television which has recently developed an
intermittent horizontal frame collapse problem.

A while back, I noticed a feint white line bouncing at the bottom of
the screen.

About a week ago, it developed the frame collapse problem. I checked
for dry solder joints around the H. Output transistor (Q404) and also
re-soldered some of the connections in the horizontal output section
that looked dull.

You should be checking the vertical section, not the horizontal.

I have uploaded the schematic to the following site, hoping that
someone can offer some advice:

http://tinyurl.com/owzkku

Check frame IC Q301 (TA8427K) for dry solder joints. Also check R305.
Replace the electrolytic capacitors in that area.

- Franc Zabkar