Posted to uk.d-i-y
Eddy[_2_] Eddy[_2_] is offline

Default how to wallpaper on glass ?

John S wrote:
Fairy nuff. I would expect normal Solvite or Polycell to do
the job easily enough as long as you didn't use too much
paste, but as for getting it off at a later date... well, it
might get messy! PVA maybe?

I would tend to go along with that sort of approach. I don't see
the paper needing a much higher strength adhesive because the
contact area is large. Also one day you will need to remove the
paper.

Sounds promising, but am just a bit concerned about adhesion around the
edges if I just use normal paste - you know how edges can get caught,
and if the paper isn't tightly bonded to the glass then a little pull
and it could all come away.

Is it possible to steam vinyl paper off a surface? (Thinking about the
next owner.) I'm wondering if putting a steamer to vinyl attached to
glass might crack the glass. Never used a steamer. Are they that hot,
or is it more a case of "hot STEAM" rather than "HOT HOT steam"?

Eddy.