Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot & Cold Shower Faucet Stems Different?

wrote in message
I'll be installing a replacement 3-handle Price-Pfister tub and shower
faucet set shortly. It appears I'll have to install the set upside
down, because the inlet pipes are above the existing faucet, and
rearranging them is not an option. By installing it upside down, the
cold valve will be on the left and the hot on the right.

I seem to recall that for at least SOME brands of shower/tub faucets,
the hot and cold stems are made different. Anyone know if P-P is one
that uses different stems for hot & cold? I suppose if they are
different I can remove them and switch them in the inverted faucet
set. But if they're the same, I'd rather not switch them.

*I thought the three handle sets weren't available anymore because the
plumbing code required the one handled type.