Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Resurfacing pine floors

On May 14, 7:24*am, BuckK wrote:

snip

Everyone tells me that a drum sander is too aggressive for pine.
Right now I'm trying to decide between the orbital and the vibrating
square.

I recommend a random orbit sander. I use a P-C 6" that can do far more
work than the little square palm sanders. Dust control is an added
bonus, and nearly any sandpaper grit you want is available. Amazon is
a good source for the tool and info on competing brands if you have a
preference. I chose Porter-Cable because they have been the leader for
many years in portable sanding machines.

Joe