Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Non-toxic sealant for punch bowl

On May 14, 9:51*am, julvr wrote:
I'm doing up a fancy multi-tiered punch bowl with a small aquarium
pump inside. *I'd like to string the power cord in through a hole at
the bottom. *My question is what sealant can I use that is non-toxic
(given that it will be in direct contact with the punch?). *The wire
will be held in place by a plastic fitting, so the sealant need not be
strong, just prevent leaks.

Thanks

John

Take a look at the DOW 732 products on this page. Read the second to
last sentence in the description below.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#7587a37/=1vee21

732 Multipurpose— For sealing, bonding, and gasketing. Bonds metal,
plastic, ceramic, glass, natural and synthetic fiber, silicone resin,
vulcanized silicone rubber, and wood. Can be used on overhead and
vertical surfaces. Begins to harden in 20 minutes. Temperature range
is -76° to +356° F for aluminum, clear, and white; -76° to +400° F
for black. All meet MIL-A-46106B. FDA and USDA compliant. NSF 51
certified and NSF 61 certified for use with food equipment and
drinking water systems. UL recognized.