Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing a section of drywall

"aemeijers" wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
Sure.

Yep, and here is a free hint- attach your scab studs and blocking with
screws, not nails. All that banging with nails tends to make the nails pop
in the undisturbed part of the drywall. If the existing studs are old doug
fir or yellow pine, you may need to drill pilot holes- that stuff gets
surprisingly hard after 20 years in the wall. I did a patch like that
here, and the 16d nails bent as they went from the block into the old
studs. Drilling the joists for wiring smoked the old cheap drill.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice. I'll scab up a place to connect
the rockboard using some of my long drywall screws.

Jon