Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Resurfacing pine floors

BuckK wrote:

Everyone tells me that a drum sander is too aggressive for pine.

It's not so much that it is too agressive, it's that it takes experience to
use it on anything without making gouges.

Right now I'm trying to decide between the orbital and the vibrating
square.

How big is the orbital? In my limited experience they are small, meant for
detailing. I'd go for the big vibrator...

1. Take off baseboards

2. Start with the coarsest paper available and sand the bejeezuz out of it.
Sand til all finish is gone and the floor is flat.

3. Start working with ever finer papers - their only purpose is to remove
scrtatches made by the previous grit.

4. Finish with the "screen". When you hink you are finished, do it again.

5. Apply finish

6. Put back baseboards.

Be sure to get plenty of paper in each grit; normally, you can return what
you don't use.

dadiOH