Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Health Care

On Wed, 13 May 2009 19:00:38 -0500, Swingman wrote:

wrote:

I have no idea what it would take to fix any of it. Personally, I
don't believe it can be fixed. I think it's too far gone.

Last time it worked in this country was when doctors lived in the
neighborhood and there were no insurance companies, or government,
involved ... way back when there was no concept of a "right" to medical
care and the inevitabilities of life were gracefully accepted.

... I was there, and lived it.

I was there too, and was thinking much the same thing. But the doctor
and his little black bag often treated people for free if they had no
money. One doctor I knew often got paid in chickens, corn (sometimes
distilled), etc..

Ironic, these "rights" we have been boondoggled, in ignorance, into
cherishing as inalienable, eh?

You don't consider life, as in "life, liberty, and the pursuit..." to
include health? I guess we disagree there.

There is little doubt that history will prove the "right" of every
citizen to vote in this country will be at the very root of its downfall
.. it certainly wasn't set up that way.

Now there we agree. Because qualifying to vote was misused against
minorities, we threw out the baby with the bathwater. In Washington we
now vote entirely by mail and if you're breathing you qualify to vote.
Of course in some states even breathing isn't a prerequisite :-).

The dumber the voter is, the easier he/she can be manipulated. The
politicians love the uninformed voter.