Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Administration's new tax proposal

On May 14, 7:53*am, wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2009 21:05:41 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
You have been duped by the assumption that there is some
"number of dollars" the govt needs. I believe that govt
spends about 1.2 to 1.5 times what it takes in.

One person failing to pay taxes doesn't necessarily mean
that someone else has to pay more. It just means that the
govt has less of our money.

* * * * Which will translate into fewer services from the government.

Yep, which is a good thing. I want the govt to do less, not more.
Congress has an approval rating of what? 22% or so? Why anyone
would want a bunch of proven incompetents and crooks to be putting in
place more govt programs is beyond me.

And I agree with Stormin. A lot of people are under the mistaken
assumption that govt just takes what it needs to fund spending. In
reality, they are spending irresponsibly, without any regard to how
much money is available. I used to think that ultimately they had
enough responsibility to realize that they couldn't run increasing
deficits beyond a certain point. But that has now gone out the
window. UItimately, market forces will prevail and end the spending
orgy. But we have a few more years and then when it does happen, it
isn't going to be pretty. We're on the path to ruin followed by the
likes of many third world countries.

How many times have you been audited. And the auditor says
"the contractor on the other side of town did a cash job, so
I'm adding $50 to your assessment."