Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Drill operated sewer snake

On May 13, 1:12*pm, wrote:
I once knew a plumber who used a drain auger cable that he attached to
a heavy duty drill to clear main lines. He ran up to a 4 inch cutting
bit on it, and used it for runs up to 75'-100'. The cable was similar
to the ones you see on the big roatary motor powered machines, but it
was a lot more portable since you just hooked it up to the drill
chuck. I've looked around, but can't seem to find an auger cable
specifically made to hook up to a drill. Do you think he was just
using one of the big machine cables, or is there something out there
that I just can't find? I would like to purchase one of these in about
a 75' length, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it
would be most appreciated.

Mt cheapo came with the drill attached, then the cable broke and I
just threw it all away. For tough clogs there is a reason there are
big machines