Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Portable PVC -netting plant cover

Amateur wrote:
Yo, group -

I have built a portable frame out of 1" PVC to be covered with netting
to protect my strawberry bed. 4'x4'x2.'

However, I can't seem to jam the joints tight enough that they won't
fall apart.

What can I "seal" the joints with so I can take the frame
apart if I want a different configuration?

Also, what's the most trouble-free way of fastening the netting tight
on 5 sides, leaving only the ground side free. Seems like a lot of
trouble to fasten at multiple points. There's probably a simple
solution, but it hasn't reached the front of my brain g.

TIA

Four lengths of galvanized pipe. Pound one into the ground at each of
the four corners of the bed.

Two "U" shaped PVC frames, one on each end. The "legs" fit into the
gal. pipe.

One or two braces across the top, PVC with snap clamp glued to each end.
Snap them in place to support the "U"s.

Sew the netting together, mitered at the corners so it fits like a tent
over the frame. Add grommets at the corners, hold down with tent
stakes. If you want to get fancy, add velcro for flap to get at the
berries.

End of season, fold up the netting, pull the frame apart and hang the
"U"'s in the garage. Looks good on paper )