Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default OT Health Care

wrote in message
Overall, he sees the CA model not being nearly as good as it was, and
no improvement on the horizon. He expects it to get worse before it
gets better due to the fact that small taxes to subsidize the system
are extremely unpopular.

That I certainly agree with. 30 years ago at the age of 16, I had plastic
surgery done on a burn on my arm to make it less noticeable. Entirely a
cosmetic procedure. A referral from the family doctor to the plastic
surgeon, two weeks later the surgery was done and not a hint of a bill. That
kind of cosmetic service would never be funded these days. It seems there
was more money available for that kind of stuff then, maybe fewer patients
or less demand. Probably a combination of all three. Now, I think the first
criteria that is considered is it medically necessary coupled with cost.

I have no idea what it would take to fix any of it. Personally, I
don't believe it can be fixed. I think it's too far gone.

I'm sure you're right. There's just too much demand and too little money
available.