Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default CPC vs Farnell?

In article guer6j$rnv$1@qmul, whisky-dave whisky-
scribeth thus

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On May 10, 2:24 pm, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , adrian adrian@inspired-
glass.com writes

So - what's the deal ? - anybody use both and prefer one over the other?

I think Farnell took over CPC, and it's a matter of branding. It seems
to me that CPC is aimed at the Maplin crowd (bling 'n' crap) and Farnell
are more aimed at the RS crowd.

You can always find the same stuff on Farnell that you can on CPC, and
vice versa. It sometimes requires some fiddling with order codes.
Prices are usually about the same.

But often cheaper at Farnell.
--------------------------

I've usually found the opposite, I order via the name onecall and that is
basically
Farnell and CPC order codes.
http://onecall.farnell.com/jsp/searc...k=gensearch_00
1&Ntt=426dlx&Ntx=&isGoback=false&isRedirect=fal se

As an example.

Fume extractor Xytronic 426DLX
Farnell 4683705 1 off £79.95
CPC SD00895 1 off £49.65

Thats gone up to 61.30 plus VAT...

http://cpc.farnell.com/xytronic/426d...lx/dp/SD00895?
_requestid=583446

I emailed them and asked them why the price differnce and was told Farnell
have an extensive technical help deptartment.

So guess what I did......

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fas...ent/Soldering-
Equipment/Fume-Extraction/Fume-extractor/81085/kw/fume+extractor

Http://www.rapidonline.com/searchres...ytronic+426DLX

Indeed)...

although we have end colum pricing so get it for £35.
Yes it's a bit different but it looks sexier with those curves.

When I become an MP and get expenses I'll get them from Farnell and have
them
gold plated with my own initials and get them courier'd by naked virgins.
:-)

Supplied by Russ Andrews no doubt;!...

--
Tony Sayer