Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Lawn mowers under $300?

On May 13, 11:36*am, wrote:
On May 13, 12:08*pm, George wrote:

You might want to just get one with a mulcher blade too instead of bagging.

Thanks. *My yard has LOTS of weeds and it's always been my impression
that mulching will just keep re-seeding them.

Use weed killer weeds seed anyway, mulching is easiest and best for
the lawn. I think most mowers are china made now and cheap in price.
In 1973 I bought a 4 hp Toro self propeled for about 350$, last year I
bought a 6.75hp Toro self propeled for the same price, 350$. For a
motor that will last 2000 hrs get a Honda or 2 stroke Lawn Boy or
commercial grade Cub with maybe a Kawasaki engine or commercial grade
B&S, my first toro lasted 300 hrs or so, I have no idea on what is
quality now in other brands but they dont cost much. OHV should last
longer by design.